Search by job title or keyword
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team
We have some fantastic opportunities based at our pioneering distribution centre in the East Midlands, Skygate. We're currently looking for an Inventory Analyst to join our Operations team. This role will report to our Inventory Section Manager and have multiple stakeholders across the site and The Very Group.
The site recently celebrated it's 2 year anniversary of launching, and we have built a truly special work place. You will get to learn and develop from some of the UK's best logistics practitioners, working in an outstanding culture living by our values every day!
About the role
Within this position, you will support both colleague individual progression and development through leadership, utilizing analytical skills whilst also supporting the Lead Controller in leading a team of inventory colleagues.
The Inventory Analyst will;
- Act as a subject matter expert for Inventory processes, support and facilitate training where required
- Maintain project documentation, CI documentation, Inventory project board and Inventory Databases.
- Develop and automate Inventory data management processes
- Ensure all inventory data is kept up to date and archived in a way approved by our internal and external auditors.
- Manage and co-ordinate stock take and cycle counting activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer.
- Support the Inventory Management Team to create improvement plans across all shifts/areas and site, ensuring best practice is shared and embedded.
- Be accountable for being an authentic role model, driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements.
What you will bring to the role;
- Excellent planning, influencing and prioritization skills.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of IT applications. Such as MS Office Excel and Access & Intermediate SQL, Knowledge of Power BI is desirable.
- Working knowledge of problem-solving & root cause analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including both external and internal stakeholders, in a positive and consistent manner.
- Excellent knowledge of stock control systems including WMS/WCS
- Previous stock control experience in a warehousing environment
Some of our benefits
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- On site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- Private pension matched at 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.