Search by job title or keyword
Inventory and Occupancy Manager
We have some fantastic opportunities based at our pioneering distribution centre in the East Midlands, Skygate. We're currently looking for an Inventory and Occupancy Manager to join our Operations team. This role will report to our Senior Planning Manager and have multiple stakeholders across the site and The Very Group.
The site recently celebrated it's 2 year anniversary of launching, and we have built a truly special work place. You will get to learn and develop from some of the UK's best logistics practitioners, working in an outstanding culture living by our values every day.About the role.
The Site Inventory and Occupancy Manager is accountable for monitoring, managing, and maintaining accurate and quality inventory, supporting stock availability and integrity.
You will also have responsibility for managing and optimising space utilisation within the ecom fulfilment centre; maximising efficiency of the product flow between the different storage areas as well as ensuring availability and storage of site’s consumables.
Leading the Inventory Management Team you will create operational improvement plans across all shifts/areas and site, ensuring best practice is shared and embedded.
Other responsibilities include;
- Being responsible for the storage utilisation plans for Skygate, working collaboratively with stakeholders to include, advise & influence your agenda.
- Reviewing and monitoring Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to ensure action plans are in place to prevent recurrence of losses and customer failures related to Inventory Management, reporting on activity with explanations for scrapped/damaged/stolen stock.
- Ensuring all processes and tasks are carried out in accordance to agreed SOPs and are underpinned by sound stock management knowledge.
- Checking and validating inventory movements across site, operational location management and stock amendments to ensure maximum stock availability for customers.
- Produce accurate inventory reports for site, senior management, and customers on a daily, weekly, and periodical basis.
- Plan and run continual cycle counting to comply with customer audit expectations.
- Build and develop the Inventory team through regular PDR’s and communication, working across all shifts to standardise the operation and increase efficiency.
- Build & communicate out efficient operational short-, medium- and long-term plans that provide solutions for storage
- Produce Key Performance Indicator tracking tools & reports. Ensuring the quality & integrity of data
- Develop Continuous Improvement processes through leadership & culture change
- Work with Head Office to understand the impact of forecasts to occupancy as well as building an occupancy model which can showcase the impact of site throughput to storage.
- Monitor consumables budget and suggest process/cost improvements
- Drive a culture of Health and Safety leading by example to ensure proactive actions and attitudes at all stages to eliminate the risk of accident
What you will bring to the role;
- We're looking for someone to bring extensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre to this role with experience in warehouse management systems.
- Experience leading, developing and coaching an engaged Inventory team, aiding their personal development and career progression.
- A customer centric approach, considering the customer impacts of decisions made.
- Experience in leading large-scale projects, influencing internal and external stakeholders across challenges, progress and success.
- A practical approach with the judgement to decide when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
- intellectually curious with a strong desire to learn and discover
- Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in Excel.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques
Some of our benefits
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- On site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- Private pension matched at 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super hardworking people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.