Search by job title or keyword
Investor Relations Manager
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
This is an integral role within the Investor Relations team here at The Very Group. This role will be responsible for managing the flow of financial information between the Group and investors and develop key messages to support this. This will include regular reporting as well as ad hoc elements such as corporate project work and requests for additional analysis. This ensures that investors receive timely and insightful analysis which is key for governance, decision making and successful working relationships with investors.
The role will be wide-ranging and diverse with consistent opportunities to stretch and develop. Regular responsibilities will include:
- Preparing final drafts of quarterly reporting documents including bondholder presentation and supporting Q&A document.
- Preparing final drafts of reports and presentations for other external parties including banks, pension trustees and credit insurers.
- Preparing final drafts of Strategic Report sections of Annual Report, including Financial Review.
- Drafting responses to external questions and requests for further analysis, ensuring appropriate tone of voice and consistency of messaging.
- Providing financial information for press releases, working closely with External Communications in the preparation of announcements. Responding to all requests from External Communications for financial information on the business for external audiences.
- Preparing and maintaining competitor analysis including financial metrics and differentiation. Monitoring competitor reports such that relevant areas can be socialised/included in relevant external presentations.
- Facilitating visibility of the Group’s historical and forecast performance to investors through the preparation of detailed analysis.
- Assisting in the review and challenge of budgets, forecasts and long-range plans ensuring that forward-looking presentations provided to investors are messaged appropriately and variances to budgets presented externally (e.g. Bank Budget) are clearly understood.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent understanding of the Group business and its financials.
- Qualified accountant or a strong background in finance.
- Strong academic record and ambition to drive their career forward.
- Technical ability, a strong aptitude for analytical work and attention to detail.
- Must have experience in writing high-profile reports/presentations.
- Intellectual capacity and commercial acumen to deal with complex issues with an experience of evaluating financial performance for sizeable organisations.
- Tenacity and commitment to delivering against demanding expectations and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines under pressure. A high degree of initiative and desire to produce quality,on-time deliverables.
- A robust individual who has the gravitas and confidence to be able to deal with all levels across the organisation including interactions with shareholder representatives. Strong team player who is able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to see the wider picture and can reflect on how The Very Group and specific issues are perceived from an external perspective.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.