Search by job title or keyword
Issue and Control Manager (12-month Fixed Term Contract)
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role.
The role holder will be an experienced issue manager, sitting in the First Line Governance and Control Team and forming an important part of the broader Risk and Governance framework. The role provides oversight of identified issues and co-ordination for the appropriate resolution and closure of issues. It has been created to:
- Be the First Line Issue Manager for allocated issues across SDFC,
- Log, manage and monitor issues identified by all parts of SDFC,
- Be responsible for delivering the business risk assessment process for specifically allocated parts of the SDFC business. (Including Issue Management, Loss events, Risk Event Evaluation and scenario testing),
- Be responsible for reviewing issues arising from specifically allocated Programmes, Projects and other change activity (In conjunction with Second-Line Business Risk partner),
- Be responsible for the production and delivery of regular issue management reports to effectively communicate issue status and internal control deficiencies to risk and control owners.
The scope of the role covers all of The Very Group locations and may require travel and presence at each of these sites
- Experience of working in a regulated Financial Services environment
- Numerate, analytical with an aptitude for research
- Experience in governance, customer service, complaints or quality assurance
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong customer service advocacy
- Well-developed stakeholder management
- Solid influencing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills – written and oral
- Robust resilience and planning skills – ability to manage a fluid workload whilst reacting and adapting to emerging issues with appropriate levels of urgency
- Methodical and meticulous in recording and disseminating information.
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.