Search by job title or keyword
Junior Buyer - Womenswear Own Brand - 9m FTC
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Junior Buyer to join our Own Brand Womenswear team on a 9 month FTC in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
The Junior Buyer will hold a level of responsibility for the Own Brand Womenswear category reporting into the Buyer. They will own and be accountable for the management of the category's critical path, brands and trading calendar. With support from line managers, they will discuss career progression with colleagues, to create consistency across Assistant Buyer level.
Applicants must have own brand experience of two years with a minimum of a year at an AB level.
- Supporting in the development of the category strategy and how it supports the wider fashion strategy.
- Reviewing brand & range performance and creation of lessons learnt and how they inform future range & brand planning
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of market trends, competitor activity and price positioning, new brands to market opportunity.
- Formulating Range Frameworks/ Brand Plans alongside merchandising functions.
- Brand development maximising opportunity & mitigating risk effectively dependant on market conditions & brand life cycle
- Conducting range building inline with planned frameworks and product sign offs inline with OTB & Branded budgeting process with support of line manager.
- Able to deputise for Buyer or Senior Buyer in key meetings
- Liaison with SMT can clearly articulate category performance
- Able to delegate/ take lead and make decisions under pressure.
- Face to face brand meetings, terms negotiations and showroom visits.
- Ability to recognise trends and feed back to the wider business.
- Wider exposure outside of the fashion team inputting into cross functional workstreams.
- 2 years experience operating at an Assistant Buyer level as a minimum ideally on Own Brand Womenswear
- Only applicants with previous experience will be considered for this role
- Graduate level or with relevant degree / higher education
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- The ability to support and engage a high performing team
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Logical approach to thinking of innovative solutions
- Ability to work on a variety of systems cohesively
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have spoken with your line manager before applying.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status