Search by job title or keyword
Junior Category Manager - Electrical
About the team.
I have an exciting role available for a Junior Category Manager working in our high performing Electrical Category. This role will involve working with some of our biggest brands in a category that has gone through huge growth over the past 18 months. The role is now available due to a recent internal move and is open to both Internal and External applicants.
You will report into the Category Manager, work alongside a Forecast & Stock Planner and will manage one of two Category Assistant's in the team.
About the role.
We are looking for a Junior Category Manager to join our Smart Home category. You’ll provide commercial accountability for the category alongside the Category Manager. We have big plans for Smart Home, with ambitious growth targets through building better relationships with our brand partners and providing a better service to our customers. Smart Home is a key growth opportunity for the Electrical department so its a great time to join this team in a role with high exposure.
As a Junior Category Manager here at The Very Group, you’ll enjoy total responsibility for the KPI’s, range planning, stock, brand relationships, development of trading plans of Smart Home, as well as the line manager responsibility of a Category Assistant.
- Full end to end financial accountability of the departmental category or range, with daily responsibility for Sales, Margin, Stock, Cash, Returns and Supplier Contributions/Terms
- Required to develop and source a fit for purpose compelling range which meets the demands of our customer, is aligned to observable market trends and is built upon historic internal insight whilst being ultimately aligned to the divisional framework
- Responsible for the development and management of the category’s promotional & price proposition which drives the most profitable outcome, whilst also delivering headline Sales growth expectations
- Demonstrate a continual curiosity to interpret data/insight, with the aim of driving P&L efficiencies/reduction in the cost base versus category return i.e. assortment optimisation, operational efficiency, minimising product returns
- Fully accountable for supplier relationships including the on boarding of new partners that fill a specific need/gap for the category or range whilst also managing the ongoing supplier base with the aim of improving commercial terms and ensuring commitments and high standards remain
- Be responsible for the development of the category or range forecasts aligned to a fit for purpose trading plan. Junior Category Manager will stand by forecasted outcomes providing singular accountability
- Have accountability for the ongoing sell through performance to maximise sell through, margin outcomes & maintaining good availability levels
- Be responsible for the ongoing stock and cash position vs budgeted volumes, applying key decisions on future intake/long stocks in the most optimal way
- Accountability for the end to end customer experience (not limited to website) for the specific category or range.
- Trading - a fit for purpose promotional plan which meets the needs of the Budget, the creative expression/articulation of the product offer to the customer and the merchandising of the range within the websites.
- Marketing - The ongoing assessment/interpretation of CRM, Email, Social and all forms of Digital marketing channel activity, analysing the commercial effect the activity is having on day to day performance
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to take accountability of a category and looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years+ product lifecycle experience in a multiple retail/Multi Channel business with significant online presence
- Experience in Merchandising / Buying is a prerequisite
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Commercial Acumen
- A strategic thinker
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Leads and engages a high performing team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills