Search by job title or keyword
Junior Category Manager - Electrical, Toys, Gifts
We are The Very Group, and we're here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That's why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team.
We are looking for a number of Junior Category Manager's to join our Electrical & Toys, Gifts & Beauty category. You’ll provide commercial accountability for the Elec, Toys, Gifts and Beauty trading category and associated product ranges. We have big plans for the categories, with daring growth targets and plans to onboard even more brands to sit alongside some of our big, branded names including Apple, Samsung, Sony and Hasbro.
About the role.
As a Junior Category Manager here at The Very Group, you’ll enjoy significant breadth of responsibility for the KPI’s, ongoing range development, stock position, development of trading plans and leading your team, whilst being able to demonstrate the profitable deployment of marketing activity to the category or range with the support of robust DI. Our roles within the Categories have dual responsibility for both buying and merchandising so a fantastic opportunity to develop your skillset. You will manage Category Assistants within the team and be responsible for their growth and development.
- Have end to end financial accountability of the departmental category or range, with daily responsibility for Sales, Margin, Stock, Cash, Returns and Supplier Contributions/Terms
- Develop and source a fit for purpose compelling range which meets the demands of our customer, is aligned to observable market trends and is built upon historic internal insight whilst being ultimately aligned to the divisional framework
- Be responsible for the development and management of the category’s promotional & price proposition which drives the most profitable outcome, whilst also delivering headline Sales growth expectations
- Demonstrate a continual curiosity to interpret data/insight, with the aim of driving P&L efficiencies/reduction in the cost base versus category return i.e., assortment optimisation, operational efficiency, minimising product returns
- Be fully accountable for supplier relationships including the on boarding of new partners that fill a specific need/gap for the category or range whilst also running the ongoing supplier base with the aim of improving commercial terms and ensuring commitments and high standards remain
- Product lifecycle experience in a multiple retail/Multi Channel business with significant online presence
- Experience as Junior Buyer or Junior Merchandiser as a minimum
- Demonstrable leadership experience and management of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial Acumen
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.