Search by job title or keyword
Junior Designer - Girlswear & Childrenswear
About the role.
I have a fantastic permanent role available for a Junior Designer - Girlswear & Childrenswear to work in our London office within our Design team.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and hardworking Junior Womenswear Designer to join our Childrenswear Design Team. This role involves designing across categories for Very’s own brand ‘V by Very’.
This is a perfect opportunity for a designer with passion and interest in girlswear fashion. If you are an Assistant Designer and looking for the next step or a Junior looking for a new challenge, then this would be the perfect role.
An understanding of graphic / print design would also be beneficial either across childrenswear or womenswear .
- Travel to meetings, shopping trips and trade fairs - all covid depending with the ability to translate initial ideas and concepts into commercial designs.
- Working closely with Buying teams to create a cohesive and saleable collection.
- Working closely with the technical team, advising factories on fit, construction, details
- Sourcing from the supply base and building strong relationship with suppliers.
- Researching for directional and comparative trend, comp shops and product direction.
- Reacting to sales information and designing commercially relevant, fashion-forward ranges with our customer in mind.
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Design fashion looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- The role would suit someone who has been at assistant level and is looking for promotion or a current Junior looking for a change / challenge
- Understanding and ideally experience in graphic / print design
- They Must be enthusiastic and passionate about fashion and trend
- Have strong trend driven handwriting and the ability to translate the latest trends into commercial designs
- Be a strong team player that shares ideas and works well as part of a team
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing deadlines and always being ahead of the trend
- Experience working with both Near East and Far East suppliers.
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm. Someone who is a good team player.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels
- Great Adobe (particularly illustrator) and CAD skills , • Proficient in Photoshop
- Willingness to travel to Supplier meetings and for inspirational travel purposes.
- A relevant Fashion/Textile Design degree.