Search by job title or keyword
Junior Merchandiser - Own Brand Fashion
About the team.
I have a fantastic role available for a Junior Merchandiser working in on our Own Brand fashion team. This is a brand new role within the business and can be based in either Liverpool or London. It is open to both internal and external applicants but I would strongly advise internal colleagues to apply if you are ready for the next step up!
The team is made up of 1 Junior Merchandiser (vacancy), 1 MA's, 1 AB and the successful applicant will report into the Merchandiser. The team is split between both Liverpool and London. You will be key in supporting the AM's development.
This is a relatively small team working with a key partner, so you will get a lot of exposure and support from senior internal stakeholders. You will have regular communication directly with the Merchandiser and Merchandise Manager.
About the role.
We are looking for an experienced Junior Merchandiser or an experienced Senior Assistant Merchandiser who is ready to step up to work in either our Head Office, in Speke, Liverpool or London Sky Victoria.
Alongside working with a key partner, you will have the full ownership and management of the product category, taking full accountability from strategy, to range planning, and then through to trading performance.
You will play a big part in supporting the Merchandiser, leading and developing a team of Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandising Assistants in order to meet current and future KPI's. You will own and manage relationships with key suppliers and the brand itself.
- Responsible for negotiating, planning and delivering departmental KPIs. Working with the buying team to ensure adequate tracking and controls are in place to meet budget and targets.
- Develop strong supplier relationships, commercially planning trading opportunities through profitability modelling. Represent the business in key strategic meetings with suppliers and brands.
- Communicate with senior management teams and across departments the strategy for their ranges, trading plans and execution
- Own the management and day to day running of the department, managing priorities working with the team to ensure deadlines and objectives are met
- Demonstrate agility in terms of budget planning and remixing in-season; ensuring that we remain focussed on bringing in the stock we truly require.
- Manage an extensive and varied multi product range, liaising with other areas of the business to promote and trade as profitably as possible
- Deputise for the Merchandiser/Senior merchandiser as and when required
- Ability to create and manage commercial plans through WSSI, ensuring opportunities and risks are identified and planned for, creating forecasts and intake requirements
- Line management responsibility for one or multiple merchandising assistants/assistant merchandisers.
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture with new hybrid working model
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff discount across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about fashion looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now....
- Previous significant experience of operating at a Senior Assistant Merchandiser level as a minimum
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment with lots of SKU's across Multi product areas
- Experience of working with Wholesale / Branded businesses desirable
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Logical approach to thinking of innovative solutions
- Ability to work on a variety of systems cohesively
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills