Search by job title or keyword
Junior Womenswear Designer
About the role.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, hardworking and experienced Junior Womenswear Designer to join our Womenswear Design Team! This role involves working alongside a Designer on the Jersey Department.
Ideally the role is based in Liverpool on a hybrid basis, but will consider applicants from London.
The role would be specifically focused in designing Nightwear and Swim for our growing own brand ‘V by Very’ then assisting the designer on both formal and casual Jersey categories including Athleisure.
Previous experience in designing Womenswear and knowledge in Jersey categories, including nightwear and swim, and a track record of developing commercial product is required. You will need to be able to identity new and emerging trends, whilst working alongside fellow designers for seasonal research and trend direction.
- Travel to meetings, shopping trips and trade fairs - all COVID depending with the ability to translate initial ideas and concepts into commercial designs.
- Design and develop in line with current trends, customer profile and brand direction.
- Identity new and emerging trends, whilst working alongside fellow designers for seasonal research and trend direction.
- Working closely with Buying teams to create a cohesive and saleable collection.
- Working closely with the technical team, advising factories on fit, construction, details
- Sourcing from the supply base and building strong relationship with suppliers.
- Prior experience in Jersey categories and an understanding of fabrics / fits and washes within these categories is key.
- A good technical knowledge.
- Understanding of washes, fabrics and fits
- Good Commercial Handwriting
- Identifying key item and key blocks for the season in line with Brand strategy and take full ownership of them.
- Design and develop trend and ranges in line with our customer profile and brand direction.
- Working alongside buying to build a strong fashionable yet commercial range.
- Awareness of competitor analysis to help drive the collection forward.
Some of our benefits.
- Flexible hybrid working model
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.