Search by job title or keyword
Lead Data Analyst - 12 month FTC
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the role.
The role sits within the Customer Strategy and Decisioning team and will support with the development of a customer-centric CRM programme using data to determine who, when, how and what communications are sent to individual customers. Utilising the capability unlocked by the Zeta Marketing Platform to execute the programme and acting as targeting and testing SME, whilst providing analysis and recommendations for enhancements to the programme.
- Analyse and provide recommendations to optimise value and marketing spend ROI through the targeting, offer and contact strategy of CRM & FS Marketing activity
- Maintain reporting on existing campaign activity and work with relevant teams to ensure data inputs are made into the appropriate systems to feed this process
- Act as testing SME within the Customer Strategy & Decisioning team, advising on how to structure through a ‘Test & Control’ methodology that ensures results can be measured accurately and confidently to inform future strategy decisions
- Work with Data Science to utilise sophisticated analytical tools, e.g. segmentation, modelling, AI and machine learning to drive improved campaign and strategy performance
- Develop and embed within the business a deep understanding of the drivers of value, design & implement segment level customer strategies that drive value growth
- Collaborate with Campaign Selections and Marketing teams to ensure campaign processes are effective and automated when possible.
Specifically, the candidate should have:
- Experience in extracting and manipulating data in either SAS or SQL
- The ability to translate complex data into simple and concise formats that can be shared with colleagues across a wide range of disciplines and levels of seniority
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and the ability to spot trends and opportunities in data to provide recommendations for optimisation
- Comfortable in working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Strong influencing skills and an excellent communicator
- Experience working in a high volume “test and learn” marketing environment
- Experience of working within either the Online Retail or Financial Services industry.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.