Search by job title or keyword
Lead Data Analyst
This is the way that Data>Insight flows to Action here at the Very Group and it is at the heart our strategy. From Retail Forecasting to Customer Insights, Marketing Optimisation and Onsite Personalisation, through to how we enable vendors and partners to access our data. The range of Data Driven initiatives are exciting – all with a common goal – to drive actions and value from Data and Insights.
We are working to continually improve our estate, and to build groundbreaking technology to enable technology and data professionals and The Very Group as a whole.
About the team
The Analytics hub work closely with teams across Retail, Operations and Finance to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions.
We use analytical techniques and data modelling to identify key findings from sprawling data sets and leverage these to support business decisions within the tribes.
About the role
You will be working with our Retail Forecasting & Availability squad as a Lead Analyst. You’ll work closely with data scientists and BI developers to translate the large amounts of data that are created from the forecasting activity into insight for various stakeholders. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we migrate to a cloud platform and really start to delve into optimising and improving the insights we provide to the business within the forecasting and availability space.
As part of this role you will:
- Gather, manipulate and analyse large data sets from multiple sources and communicate these findings effectively to stakeholders.
- Interpret forecasting and availability measures into language that allows the business to understand the value driven
- Develop advanced analytical solutions to help solve business problems.
- Work with the BI team on the creation of reporting to provide stakeholders with easy to digest insights.
- Support junior colleagues in project work and otherwise be an example and mentor to them
- Critically, your role will be to go beyond providing answers with analysis, but to begin to influence stakeholders in the business on not only what questions they should be answering but how best to use the insight you generate to use action.
What are we looking for from you...
- You'll have a logical mindset and always look to use a common sense approach.
- Is intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn and discover
- Ability to take a lead role in handling complex projects and experience in managing stakeholders from scoping to completion
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
- You’ll need to be a highly proficient user of SQL or Python in a professional setting.
- Knowledge and experience of using forecasting techniques and interpreting the metrics associated with understanding model performance
- Experience using Power BI or similar visualisation tool is desirable.
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.