Search by job title or keyword
Lead Data Engineer
About the team
The Marketing Technology team is responsible for designing, building, integrating, and running technology across our marketing function. Marketing capabilities include digital marketing (PPC, affiliates), CRM, customer retention & acquisition, performance analysis & reporting and marketing optimisation.
About the role
As a Lead Data Engineer in the MarTech team, you will report to the Head of Technology with a primary focus on data engineering and systems integration. You will lead the engineering effort to deliver great software as well as defining standards and best practices for engineers across the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver real customer and colleague benefit and drive the strategic goals of our business. You’ll work closely with other members of the MarTech team including Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Delivery Managers, Data Engineers and QA Engineers.
What you’ll bring:
- Significant experience with Python, SQL and a cloud data warehouse platform (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, Azure Data Warehouse, etc.)
- Experience with some AWS Services - ideally Lambda, ECS, S3, Glue and Redshift.
- Excellent knowledge of data engineering principles and methods.
- Experience of delivering software changes safely at speed using CI and CD practices.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code tooling (e.g. Terraform).
- Experience of working in an agile environment (attending ceremonies, estimation, code review, etc.)
- The ability to explain very technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, carry out technical prioritisation and work well with colleagues in and outside of the team at all levels.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £6500 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.