Search by job title or keyword
Lead Delivery Manager (Data)
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
The DNA (Data, iNsight, Action) Tribe are focussed on the Data and Insight flows to Action which sit at the heart of Very's strategy. The Tribe is responsible for designing & delivering excellent Data solutions for the business working in collaboration across our technical tribes and providing the insights that drive action & value to support our business functions.
The DNA tribe has specialists across the areas of Data Science, Customer Research, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Governance and Data Platform Engineering meaning you get to work on diverse, exciting projects & products such as Data Lakehouse transformation, Cloud Data Infrastructure, Retail Forecasting, Customer Insights, Marketing Optimisation and Onsite Personalisation, through to how we enable vendors and partners to access our data.
We want to establish a brilliant Delivery practice for this Tribe and are looking for 2 Delivery Managers to help us establish the team and work on some Innovative projects that support our transformation of the technical estate and delivering insights that help customers at the heart of the business
About the role
As a Lead Delivery Manager, you will be strong leader, who is accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk data projects, products, and services, across multiple workstreams.
You will have a strong delivery ethic using Agile (or alternative) methodologies through your thinking, processes, and actions.
You will be great communicator, passionate about what you do, striving to continually raise the bar by setting example, or from inspiring those around you.
As a Lead Delivery Manager, you will do the following:
- Manage large scale cross tribe enterprise change across a range of data Initiatives, products and services, throughout the entire product & delivery life cycle, and have greater responsibility and accountability as the main point of escalation.
- Work closely with the Data Product Team and Heads of Data Disciplines to define the delivery plans & expertise required for Initiatives & Products
- Be able to influence the delivery elements of initiatives and helping drive best practice of the tribe as a whole; working closely with Head of Delivery or department Heads or your peers
- Accountable for ensuring delivery of, not just against data deliverables, but business outcomes
What you’ll bring
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below abilities:
- Expertise of leading & successfully delivering large complex Data Led initiatives (Transformation, Migration & Digital)
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision-making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills.
- A strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a goal and evidence its delivery.
- Expertise with multiple delivery working practices; you can lead and/or coach teams/colleagues and a recognised expert in your craft.
- You are pragmatic, wanting to do the right thing, but able to balance need of delivery against time, budgets and quality from both product and technology.
- You can lead multiple teams through times of change and uncertainty, to both empathise, and support individuals to help achieve their potential and teams achieve their goal.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.