Search by job title or keyword
Lead Delivery Manager - Financial Services
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
The Financial Services Change Tribe, based in Speke, is looking to recruit an experienced Delivery Manager to be responsible for delivering large financial services initiatives aligned to our strategy.
Having recently moved towards an Agile methodology for delivering change, the role requires you to work both within your own squad and across multiple squads and Tribes.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the business and works closely with the squad Product and Technology leads to manage the squads priorities and outputs to ensure realisation of improved business and customer outcomes.
- Steer the team to action to deliver on time, to cost, with the right quality outcome for the customer
- Deliver the agreed plans within your squad, removing blockers and harnessing the whole squad to maximise delivery of the highest value backlog items.
- Be an exceptional leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions.
- You will need to forge strong relationships with your Delivery peers to both lead and input into cross squad / cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand dependencies and coordinate activities as required to find the quickest route to delivery
- Third Party suppliers play a large part in our delivery ambition, you will be responsible for leading them as if they were another team within your delivery squad. To do this you must lead and influence their participation to the ensure the best interests of the Very group and our customers is achieved.
- You must work closely with the Tribe Heads of, to ensure flow of information between you is timely, clear
- and supports in both your own and the tribe leaderships decision making
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player are a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be expected to identify and promote new ways of working/tools where appropriate.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below skillset:
- Experience of leading and successfully delivering large financial services initiatives which form part of an overall plan.
- Practical experience of delivering change in a lean/agile environment using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision-making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills.
- A strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a goal and evidence its delivery.
- Leadership experience in fast-moving, large, complex, 24/7 finance and technology-led organisations
- Good communication, presentation, explanation and influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Use of JIRA, Confluence, Slack and Microsoft office tools
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.