Search by job title or keyword
Lead Delivery Manager
About the role.
The Financial Services Change Tribe, based in Speke, are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Delivery Manager to support our strategic ambitions in becoming the household brand that stands with families on a budget. We have an extensive and exciting change roadmap which will enhance our customers financial services proposition, enabling more convenient ways to shop, offer better value and more flexible ways to pay. The role will work closely with Product, Technology and Business Owner functions to propose, develop and deliver the financial services strategy all whilst ensuring great quality customer outcomes are at the heart of everything we do.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the business and works closely with the squad Product and Technology leads to manage the squads priorities and outputs to ensure realisation of improved business and customer outcomes.
- Steer the team to action to deliver on time, to cost, with the right quality outcome for the customer
- Deliver the agreed plans within your squad, removing blockers and harnessing the whole squad to maximise delivery of the highest value backlog items.
- Be an outstanding leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions.
- You will need to forge positive relationships with your Delivery peers to both lead and input into cross squad/cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand dependencies and coordinate activities to find the quickest route to delivery
- Third Party suppliers play a large part in our delivery ambition, you will be responsible for leading them as if they were another team within your delivery squad. To do this you must lead and influence their participation to the ensure the best interests of the Very group and our customers is achieved.
- Lead and mentor the squad to embrace a continuous improvement approach, exploring different agile / other methods and learning & iterating frequently Process mentor to the squad’s use of the agile delivery framework and support them in the removal of impediments and blockers.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a great teammate are a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be encouraged to identify and promote new ways of working/tools where appropriate.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below abilities:
- Experience of leading and successfully delivering large financial services initiatives which form part of an overall plan.
- Practical experience of delivering change in a lean/agile environment using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Ability to lead collaboration and influence decision-making with strong stakeholder and 3rd party management skills.
- A strong people leader who can galvanise a team behind a goal and evidence its delivery.
- Leadership experience in fast paced, large, complex, 24/7 finance and technology-led organisations
- Good communication, presentation, explanation and influencing skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Use of JIRA, Confluence, Slack and Microsoft office tools
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
About us.We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.