Search by job title or keyword
Lead Product Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the role.
The Financial Services Change Tribe, based in Speke, is looking to recruit an experienced Lead Product Manager in the Debt Management Squad who are responsible for the change portfolio in that area of Financial Services. Working closely with our Collections colleagues, the squad will look to propose, develop and deliver key strategic initiatives to optimise and enhance our customer outcomes. Whilst the primary objective in the short to medium term will be to replace our existing Collections Strategy platform, there are a number of key initiatives and small change tickets to manage through the squad.
Having recently moved towards an Agile methodology for delivering change, the role requires you to work both within your own squad and across multiple squads and Tribes.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Creates, owns and communicates the Product vision and roadmap for the squad
- Along with the Business Analyst, you will own the management of the Squad’s backlog
- Working with the Engineering Lead, Lead Delivery Manager and Business Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and prioritising the value being driven from your squad, to ensure realisation of improved business and customer outcomes.
- As part of the squad governance routines, such as stand ups, squad retrospectives and showcases, you will be responsible for ensuring that any squad output is in line with business / customer expectation and needs whilst adhering to any regulatory requirements.
- You will need to forge strong relationships with your Product peers to both lead and input into cross squad / cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand initiative dependencies and coordinate prioritisation
- You will be expected to make evidence backed recommendations & decisions that influence our strategy and deliver maximum value
- Provide details of initiative benefits cases and measures of success to support prioritisation, requirements and post implementation assessment
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be expected to identify and promote new ways of working / tools where appropriate.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who have first-rate communication skills.
You will have worked in multi-disciplined teams in a large-scale, fast-moving digital business, that are a mix of business, delivery and technical roles (Perm / Contractor) combined with experience of managing 3rd Party providers.
Practical experience of Product Ownership in a lean / agile environment is essential, using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
You will be an outstanding leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions.
The ability to work within a dynamic and changing environment where priorities and activities will be changing is vital. You will be able to respond energetically and proactively to drive change at a fast pace to help deliver the FS Strategy roadmap.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.