Search by job title or keyword
Merchandise Planning Admin
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
A great opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our fast-paced merchandise planning department on Fashion as we ensure the best shopping experience for our customers, delivering strategic objectives and commercial budgets through trading, stock flow management, critical path management, and availability.
About the role
You will provide administrative support to the merchandise planning function, ensuring effective stock management to deliver commercial KPI’s and critical path management. You will be involved in administrative tasks to manage availability and pricing, and you will work collaboratively with other business functions including operations, sourcing and logistics.
• Supports Merchandise department to deliver strategic objectives and commercial budgets.
• Understands annual commercial budgets to deliver business objectives.
• Works alongside the merchandise team to manage stock flow through the business.
• Understands product lifecycle to deliver availability targets
• Involved in pricing & trading plans.
• Effective critical path management to fulfil merchandise plans.
• Involved in updating of replenishment with utilisation of the Forecasting application.
• Working in collaboration with logistics, operations and sourcing.
• Understands and utilises data to best inform effective decision making for department.
Your actions have a direct impact on maximising customer satisfaction, sales and profitability through inventory management.
• Understanding of commercial plans
• Product knowledge
• Good interpretation and presentation of data
• Sustained customer focus
• Strong relationship builder with both external brands and suppliers, and internal teams across the wider business
• Highly motivated and willing to self learn
• Attention to detail and accuracy on all aspects of the role are essential
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - An informal 30-minute video call with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the role and to ask any questions you may have.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments. If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.