Search by job title or keyword
Merchandiser - Branded Menswear
Merchandiser - Branded Menswear
About the role
We have a really exciting opportunity for a Merchandiser to join the Branded Menswear team. The role will report into the Senior Merchandiser but will have strong links to Senior Management due to the strategic nature of this department.
This is a role where there is real opportunity to drive strategic growth within brand and product, developing commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
The role comes with a wide variety of challenges so we are looking for an experienced Merchandiser who is able to operate at a senior level. We are looking for someone to lead the team.
- Responsible for negotiating, planning and delivering departmental KPI's. Working with the buying team to ensure adequate tracking and controls are in place to meet budget and targets.
- Develop strong supplier relationships with brands, commercially planning trading opportunities through profitability modelling. Represent the business in key strategic meetings with suppliers and brands.
- Communicate with senior management teams and across departments the strategy for ranges, trading plans and execution.
- Ability to create and manage commercial plans through WSSI, ensuring opportunities and risks are identified and planned for across brand and product type, creating forecasts and intake requirements
- Demonstrate agility in terms of budget planning and remixing in-season; ensuring that we remain focused on bringing in the stock we truly require and minimising terminal stock.
- Established experience of operating at Merchandiser level is essential
- Previous experience of managing global brands
- Graduate level or with relevant degree/higher education
- The ability to support and engage a high performing team, being able to develop the team
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.