Search by job title or keyword
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for a Merchandising Assistant to join the Menswear team in our London office. You’ll report directly into the Assistant Merchandiser for the area, so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing supplier relationships, working closely with the merchandising team to develop commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trend meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
We’re looking for a Merchandising Assistant who already has experience at this level. The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful MA candidate here at The Very Group are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Basic knowledge of excel
- Demonstrable merchandising experience
- Analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Assisting with stock maintenance
- A great attitude and who is willing to learn
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.