Search by job title or keyword
About the team.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a MHE Instructor based at our state-of-the-art distribution centre in the East Midlands, Skygate.
The site has been open for just over 2 years since going live and we have built a truly special work place. You will get to learn and develop from some of the UK's best logistics practitioners, working in an unrivalled culture living by our values everyday.
About the role.
This is a great opportunity for an accomplished MHE Instructor who will be responsible for delivering Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) training and instruction to colleagues, as well as providing coaching and mentoring to newly qualified drivers. In order to be considered you must be a RTITB qualified instructor.
The role has a direct impact on our ability to fulfil customer orders and receipt stock, enabling it to be listed on the website for customers to order so it is a fundamental part of our operation.
The shift pattern for this role is 06:00-18:00, 4 days on, 4 days off.
- Delivering training on a variety of types of mechanical handling equipment, including PPT, LLOP, VNA, Reach and Counterbalance.
- Delivering on the job training and support to newly qualified drivers.
- Be the FLT expert on shift to provide ongoing information, advice and guidance to drivers and members of the management and QHSE teams.
- Perform Racking Inspections and provide reporting to QHSE
- Perform fleet checks and provide status updates to QHSE
- Assist management team in managing underperforming drivers through active coaching.
- Ensuring all training documentation is completed to a high standard in all instances, to protect both learners and the business.
- Be a role model for standards of safety, product care and KPIs, communicating these effectively to novice drivers.
- Regularly update Team Managers on how new starters are progressing.
- Must be fully qualified in all required FLT licenses.
- Must be RTITB qualified instructor.
- Must have extensive experience of driving MHE in a warehouse environment, as well as significant experience instructing MHE in a warehouse environment.
- Experience delivering MHE training across a range of MHE
Some of our benefits.
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- On site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- Private pension matched at 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.