Search by job title or keyword
Mobile App Lead Product Manager
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
This role will be leading the mobile apps at The Very Group, which are used by our loyal customers and drive most of our revenue. The team includes iOS and Android developers led by engineering managers for each platform. They work with a designer who creates user-friendly solutions. A Delivery Manager in the team oversees initiative delivery using agile methodologies.
Our app team's main objective is to create a differentiated experience for our loyal and engaged customers. The goal is to help families easily find products they love, manage their accounts, and accomplish their tasks through a personalised app. By doing this, we delight our customers and achieve positive results for our business.
This is a prime moment to join our app team. Your expertise and experience will shape the future of our apps. With a passionate, cross-functional team, you'll have the support needed to drive impactful change. Lead the way in crafting app experiences that families love and make a real difference in their lives.
About the role
The Lead Product Manager will be required to call upon their expertise and experience to create the most engaging app experiencing. Their responsibilities will include:
- Strategy, Vision and Roadmapping: Developing and communicate a clear and compelling strategic vision for the mobile apps that aligns with the company objectives. Create a comprehensive roadmap outlining key initiatives, features, and enhancements that will drive customer engagement, revenue growth, and a differentiated user experience.
- Customer-Centricity: Championing a customer-centric mindset within the team. Analysing customer feedback from research and conducting market research to identify opportunities for improving the app’s experience.
- Stakeholder Management: Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the organisation, including marketing, financial services, logistics and fulfilment, customer care, and senior leadership. Effectively communicating the product roadmap aligned to the app’s objectives and key results (OKRs). Addressing any concerns, gather input, and ensure alignment with wider company objectives.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Utilising data insights to make informed product decisions. Regularly monitoring the apps performance, such as user engagement, retention, conversion, etc. and make decisions based on these key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with the engineering managers and Delivery Manager to create a friendly environment where the team talks openly, share ideas, and works well together in order to become high performing.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement: Collaborate on new ideas and test hypotheses to drive desired customer and business outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive background in product management within retail or financial services
- Great communication and organisational skills
- A strong strategic mind with brilliant problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable in analysing and reporting data accompanied by a keen commercial sense
- Skills in managing stakeholders spanning various levels
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £6500 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - An informal 60-minute video call with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the role and to ask any questions you may have.
2nd Stage – A 90-minute formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.