Search by job title or keyword
Occupancy Manager - (MI, Inventory, Storage & Capacity Planning)
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for an Occupancy Manager to be based in our state of the art fulfiment centre, Skygate, based in the East Midlands.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
The Occupancy Manager is a brand new role, being responsible for leading and managing the occupancy agenda within the fulfilment center in order to ensure that inventory is stored in the right place, at the right time with the right controls in place to maximize operational efficiency. The Occupancy Manger will strategise the business plans to ensure that the fulfilment center is operating at optimum efficiency.
You will report into our Occupancy & Insights Manager and will have a Consumable's Coordinator as a direct report. You will be a part of our high calibre Inventory & Planning team, so you will get the opportunity to really develop your skills. This role comes with great responsibility as you will be the key decision maker on all systemic parameters that relate to occupancy.
- The role will be to influence stakeholders in the business on not only what questions they should be answering but how best to use the insight you generate to use action. It will be required to be a partner in thinking through problems with the business rather than purely a data and analysis provider
- Own the storage utilisation plans for Skygate, working collaboratively with stakeholders to include, advise & influence your agenda.
- Build & communicate out efficient operational short-, medium- and long-term plans that provide solutions for storage
- Benchmark and track changes to initiatives
- Produce KPI tracking tools & reports. Ensuring the quality & integrity of data
- Escalate any future issues identified in good time & have a plan to tackle these issues
- Develop CI processes through leadership & culture change
- Own site storage related parameters
- Work with Head Office to understand the impact of forecasts to occupancy
- Build an occupancy model which can show the impact of site throughput to storage
- Track usage and manage ordering process of site consumables, in line with changing forecasts, supplier lead times, storage limitations
- Monitor consumables budget and suggest process/cost improvements
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment center
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment center.
- Experience in building forecast models using data
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions made
- Experience in leading large-scale projects & managing/influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
- Is intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn and discover
- Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in Excel – SQL is desirable
- Great communication and presentation skills: able to communicate on multiple levels, onsite comms to the head of fulfillment and head of operations, whilst also communicating with the Logistics Director on strategic developments / updates.
- Organisation - The ability to pull together a working group of various levels and facilitate a discussion around the strategic direction of occupancy.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Adaptable. Proactive, team player
- Ability to deputise for the MI Manager if required
A competitive salary + benefits is available for the successful applicant.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about detailed inventory plans, looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.