Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people. I am currently recruiting for an Operations Manager for our brand new site in the East Midlands, Skygate.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the role.
This is a great opportunity for an Operations Manager to join us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre, SkyGate, at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
We need an operations manager to lead the operational teams within their area of responsibility (e.g. Inbound/Outbound/Returns), ensuring customer focus to meet all operational KPI's and performance. Leading site vision strategy through inspirational continuous improvement and developing a great team culture.
- Experience of managing the returns process
- Implementing returns procedures
- Building relationships with external carriers
- Understanding returns rectification work
- Proven experience of building a high performing team, working closely with the shift managers to create improvement plans across all shifts/areas, ensuring best practice is shared and embedded
- Identify, plan and deliver improvements in all areas, ensuring internal and external stakeholders are engaged and involved
- Set departmental targets for improvement and process adherence to ensure KPI's are met
- Ensure current knowledge of site wide, end to end process
- Regular communication on service levels, forecast demands and changes in the operation.
- Manage the skills base within the department to ensure flexibility of resource
- Implement and control processes to optimise storage and conveyor utilisation, maximising productivity
- Drive cross functional working to ensure delivery of site KPIs
- Ensure the teams minimise stock inaccuracy through effective process management and adherence
- Participate in regular reviews of operational process, the maintenance of SOPs and risk assessments
- Act as a subject matter expert for their area of responsibility, as well as understanding how the wider operation work
The Operations Managers will take the lead in supporting their business area in start up, working closely with the testing and engineering teams to truly get the most out of your team both now and in the future. The post holder will be a cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre and key to developing ways of working and the colleague proposition, supporting engagement at all levels. I would love to hear from anyone who has great people management experience in a fulfilment setting, preferably with experience of a new site set up. We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will have the opportunity to build great relationships at a senior level both internally and externally and play a key role in the next step of the fulfilment journey here at The Very Group.
In order to apply you must have:
- Tried and tested experience at Operations Manager level
- Experience within a Returns / e-commerce fulfilment operation
- Experience of leading a large team within a fulfilment environment to achieve departmental and site KPIs
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a large team. Promotes teamwork as the norm.
- Experience of being responsible for decision making across all elements of a time critical, complex operation.
- Lead the team towards organisational and individual goals, providing the information and support necessary for their buy in.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A Competitive salary and flexible benefits allowance is available for the successful applicant.