Search by job title or keyword
Operations Team Manager
About the team.
We have some fantastic opportunities based at our state-of-the-art distribution centre in the East Midlands, Skygate. I am currently looking for Team Managers to work across the operation, leading and developing our fulfilment colleagues.
The site has just surpassed our 2 year anniversary of going live and we have built a truly special work place. You will get to learn and develop from some of the UK's best logistics practitioners, working in an unrivalled culture living by our values everyday.
About the role.
There are a number of positions available for capable leaders who care about their people, and who are looking to progress their career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
You will have a huge part to play in helping the site process and despatch huge volumes of up to 300,000 units per day and over 2 million units in a single week through peak.
Our Warehouse Team Managers lead the people and processes within an operational area of the fulfilment centre, ensuring that the working environment is efficient and ensuring a customer focus in order to exceed operational KPIs. They ensure all Health & Safety risks are proactively managed to deliver a safe place to work.
What part will you play?
- As a leader of people, you have a responsibility to role model and ensure a positive culture of health and safety in your department and across the site
- By coaching, mentoring and motivating your team, you’ll drive performance of KPIs and site priorities, ensuring we deliver for our customers
- With a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, communicating effectively between shifts is key to our success as a site team. You’ll share what’s new, what’s worked well and what needs focus in your department with the next shift.
- You lead the briefings for your team. Engaging with your colleagues, communicating the priorities clearly and motivating them for the day ahead.
- Lead engagement activity within your team and department. It’s also your role to make sure your team’s successes are celebrated (if what we’ve seen so far is anything to go by, there will be plenty!)
- Regular check ins with each of your colleagues is pivotal to our approach - absence management, performance management and developing talent within the team all start with open and honest conversations.
- Promote and encourage positive colleague engagement , helping to create a culture that listens
- Leaders who care. You’ll care about your team, and you’ll care about our customers
- Leaders with standards. You role model the right way to do things and never walk by when you see something amiss
- You’ve led teams in operational environments
- You coach, develop and engage your teams building our site culture
- Ideally you’ll have experience in fulfilment
- You’re keen to learn, and able to adapt to different people, departments and teams
- You know how to take care of yourself, and take the time to do so, ensuring your resilience remains high in the sometimes challenging start up environment
- Customer focused and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
Some of our benefits.
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk
- On site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- Private pension matched at 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.