Search by job title or keyword
Order Management Technician
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
We have some fantastic opportunities based at our state-of-the-art distribution centre in the East Midlands, Skygate. We are currently looking for an Order Management Technician who will work as part of a team of Flow room technicians, working closely with warehouse operatives and flow room colleagues.
About the role
- Efficient and accurate reporting of errors and unexpected behaviour to resolver groups.
- Manage Customer Failure Rate (CFR) to deliver target in pursuit of 100% delivery on time, every time.
- Develop effective relationship with operation team.
- To be constantly aware of customers’ requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy.
- Optimise storage and conveyor utilisation.
- Support flow room processes to maximise the opportunity for productivity
- Escalation of issue/potential issues to the Flow room Section manager/ Flow room Lead technician.
- Participate in regular reviews of the flow room processes, the maintenance and review of SOPs.
- Promote a positive culture of health and safety on sites
- An active member of the flow room team.
- Experience of working in automated warehouse/environment preferable but not essential.
- Understanding of the functionality and operation of automated fulfilment centre.
- Strong PC skills including use of MS office.
- Understanding of Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement tools.
- Adaptable, proactive, team player.
- Flexible approach with a desire to exceed targets.
- Customer focussed and aware of the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Willingness to learn and find answers for issues, and the ability to learn new processes very quickly.
- Knowledge of SCADA and Kisoft would be an advantage.
Some of our benefits
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you will be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS, Right to Work checks and if a specific requirement of your role a DBS (criminal records) check. Should your application progress we require you to let the team know if there is anything you need to disclose in relation to any of these checks prior to them being undertaken, including any unspent criminal convictions.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - An informal 30-minute video call with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the role and to ask any questions you may have.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.