Search by job title or keyword
P2P Specialist - 6 month FTC
About us.We’re The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too, building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing
About the Team.
The finance function seeks to create and protect the future of the company. And it needs to be reinvented.
We aim to create a new way of doing finance – inspired by the agile digital philosophy and grounded in the approach of squads and tribes. We want the Very way of doing finance to be the new normal. We’re excited by the level of change this will involve.
To achieve this aim we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators. We’re fans of people who love to learn (and fail).
About the Role.
This role's purpose is to be responsible for ensuring suppliers get paid on time through invoice and payment query resolution, ensuring compliance with P2P processes and operating procedures.
- Managing the account for one of our key sportswear brands, ensuring they get paid on time and there is no impact on our customers from failing to do this.
- A key part of the role will be reconciliation between purchase orders, invoices and deliveries and will involve liaising with our buying, supply chain and finance teams, as well as the supplier on a daily basis to manage discrepancies.
- Follow P2P best practice/policies/operating procedures in regard to supplier invoices/self billing/payments helping to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Management of exceptions/failures from invoice scanning solutions.
- Experienced P2P professional is essential. A minimum of AAT level 3 is required with a willingness to further study.
- Strong excel skills
- Knowledge of Oracle fusion P2P processes is a key requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of process improvement.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- Udemy learning platform
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.