Search by job title or keyword
Partnering and Procurement Manager
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
Responsible for end-to-end supplier management, from sourcing, through procurement and contracting and into operation. Working across all areas of the business to create best in class partnerships and best in cost commercials, which drive growth and provide value for the whole of the business and our customers.
To achieve this aim, we need to attract diverse talent into the team. People with passion, ambition, a preference for the innovative, team builders, and relationship creators.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially focussed Procurement Manager to come and join us here at The Very Group. You will be working within a procurement team supporting a wide range of functions including Technology, Financial Services, Fulfilment, Logistics and Marketing. Although you will be a partner for a specific function, acting as their first line of support, contractual activity is rotated across the team based on capacity and priority. Therefore, you will have a multifaceted workload and be exposed to a wide range of contractual discussions.
- Complete collaborative mid to high-value business partnering in specific areas of the organisation.
- Responsibility for the management and development of direct report(s).
- Implement effective sourcing and procurement by:
- Working with budget holders and other colleagues to agree specifications for goods and services. Developing innovative but sustainable ways in which to procure these at total lowest costs, protecting cash and offering best value to the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Leading the supplier sourcing and procurement process at all levels
- Building business cases where third party costs and benefits are integral
- Negotiating costs, payments, terms and conditions, rate cards, service catalogues, service level agreements and service credits in line with targets
- Defining technical contract requirements and working with Legal to draft complex agreements
- Implementing collaborative and controlled mid to high value commercial supplier management partnerships
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) professional certification
- Demonstrable experience within a professional procurement and supplier management function
- Technology, Financial Services, Fulfilment, Logistics or Marketing services procurement and supplier management experience
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Proven strategic negotiation proficiencies with a track record of success and experience in landing contracts with a value above £3M
- Proven cost and cash control competencies with a record of achieving challenging budget stretch targets through supplier relationships
- Ability to work alongside the Legal team to define technical requirements, draft complex agreements and negotiate acceptance.
- Demonstrable experience of strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to bring others on a journey. Turning colleagues into advocates of procurement and the value add it delivers.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.