Search by job title or keyword
Pricing Manager - Personal Loans
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the team.
The Very Group isn't slowing down. The company is progressing its transformation whilst continuing to deliver sustainable, profitable growth.
This is a chance to be part of the newly formed Personal Loans team which is fundamental to the growth of the organisation and presents an extremely exciting opportunity for the right person!
About the role.
You will be part of the pricing team responsible for building and managing our pricing strategies which are critical to the success of the personal loans business. This role will involve the following;
- The creation of a pricing strategy that delivers against commercial and customer objectives within a regulated, dynamic and highly competitive personal loans markets.
- Providing customers with personalised prices and ensuring that they are communicated effectively so our customers can understand the importance of price to their loan.
- Ensuring prices and any associated promotions are in line with all regulatory requirements.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders across teams including finance, credit risk, compliance and change in their application to loans.
- Clear communication of thinking and rationale to all levels of the organisation.
- Coaching and development of analysts within the team.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a great teammate is a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be encouraged to generate ideas and identify commercial opportunities and work cross-functionally with internal teams and our third-party partners to bring them to life.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth individuals with the following skill set;
- Highly numerate and commercial, ideally with previous experience working in a Commercial Consumer Lending role.
- Demonstrable experience of elasticity modelling/regression analysis
- Detailed knowledge of how pricing impacts the performance of the P&L
- A strong academic background
- Ability to clearly evidence the delivery of great customer outcomes alongside commercial success
- A proactive and independent approach with an ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organisation
- Potential to grow and move into other roles within the Group over time
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.