Search by job title or keyword
Principal QA Engineer
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Principal QA Engineer to join one of our squads within our Marketing Tribe.
As a Principal, you will explore, develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure our applications are to the quality standard that our customers, colleagues and shareholders expect.
Our Principal QA’s also drive collaboration and in-depth conversation by influencing each squad member to think and build quality into everything we do whilst using modern software development and monitoring techniques.
In our ways of working, we have adopted an agile model. Each squad within the tribe focuses on improving our marketing experience for customers and colleagues.
We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar capacity and proven experience in embedding and driving automation and quality assurance of software processes.
You will be a champion for quality and help drive a collaborative approach with squad members and the rest of QA. Contribute in 3 amigo sessions, mobbing/pairing exercises and agile ceremonies. Show a willingness to line-manage, coach and mentor other members by sharing your knowledge and experience.
From a future proof point of view, you will work with the QA Leadership Team to be aware of software industry developments and continually review testing processes and strategies to ensure the squads remain current.
- Proven experience of integration testing involving multiple applications and third parties
- A hands-on approach to functional end-to-end testing
- Experience using SQL to test data-oriented systems
- Strong technical testing skills
- Experience of API testing
- Demonstrable experience in the creation and maintenance of test automation
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in functional, non-functional and exploratory testing
- Experience testing APIs using tools such as Postman or similar
- Experience in leading and influencing teams in their approach to QA
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site[AS1]
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.