Search by job title or keyword
Principal QA Engineer (L&F)
About the team
Here at The Very Group we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and build even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal QA Engineer to join our Logistics and Fulfilment(L&F) Tribe to both deliver our QA capability in the squad and to help our QA ambition forward.
The L&F Tribe own a wide range of applications that manage the fulfilment of customer orders and returns. There are wide ranging change initiatives centred ensuring the Customer Experience is at the heart of what we do.About the role:
As a Principal QA, you will be responsible for the QA within the squad, driving the approach, collaborating within your Squad, across Tribes, 3rd Parties and Business Stakeholders to ensure our applications are to the quality standard that our customers, colleagues and shareholders expect.
Our Principal QA’s also drive collaboration and in-depth conversations by influencing each squad member to think and build quality into everything they do whilst aspiring to use modern software testing and delivery techniques
We deliver change via the agile model and the Principal QA will ensure QA and testing is fully represented in this way of working.
We are looking for someone with experience in a similar environment, who can demonstrate leadership and communication skills and validated experience in embedding quality assurance across the software delivery lifecycle.
- You’ll have a proven track record of delivering testing in an Agile delivery environment.
- You will own and champion QA from design through to delivery. You will encourage collaborative practices across the Squad, like 3 amigo sessions, mobbing/pairing exercises and agile ceremonies to ensure QA is built into deliver change.
- You’ll build positive relationships across our Logistics and Warehouse Teams.
- You’ll demonstrate and ‘automation first’ mentality and be adept at finding the right balance between automated, exploratory, functional, and non-functional testing within the Squad.
- You’ll have the ability to help land continuous integration/delivery pipelines alongside our Engineering colleagues to ensure we have a robust approach that helps us deploy at pace
- You will be comfortable building positive relationships across our Logistics and Warehouse teams
- Show a willingness to line-manage, coach and mentor other members by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- You’ll work with the QA Lead and other QA Principals to seek solutions to issues and strive for continuous improvements to keep the Squad current
- This is a great opportunity to join a successful and forward-thinking Tribe as it moves forward in its journey.
- Experience testing on Logistics or Retail systems
- Demonstrable experience in the creation and maintenance of test automation
- Solid experience of working in Agile teams, processes, and tools. Good knowledge of Jira would be an advantage
- Experience in line-management duties
- Experience working with an automated release pipeline using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or similar
- Experience in functional, non-functional, and exploratory testing
- Experience testing microservices and APIs using tools such as Postman or similar
- Experience in leading and influencing teams in their approach to QA
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.