Search by job title or keyword
Principal QA Engineer - L&F
Principal QA Engineer
Here at The Very Group we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and build even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal QA Engineer to join our Logistics and Fulfilment(L&F) Tribe to both deliver our QA capability in the squad and to help our QA ambition forward.
The L&F Tribe own a wide range of applications that manage the fulfilment of customer orders and returns. There are wide ranging change initiatives centred ensuring the Customer Experience is at the heart of what we do.
As a Principal QA, you will be responsible for the QA within the squad, driving the approach, collaborating within your Squad, across Tribes, 3rd Parties and Business Stakeholders to ensure our applications are to the quality standard that our customers, colleagues and shareholders expect.
Our Principal QA’s also drive collaboration and in-depth conversations by influencing each squad member to think and build quality into everything they do whilst aspiring to use modern software testing and delivery techniques
We deliver change via the agile model and the Principal QA will ensure QA and testing is fully represented in this way of working.
We are looking for someone with experience in a similar environment, who can demonstrate leadership and communication skills and validated experience in embedding quality assurance across the software delivery lifecycle.
You’ll have a consistent track record of delivering testing in an Agile delivery environment.
You will own and champion QA from design through to delivery. You will encourage collaborative practices across the Squad, like 3 amigo sessions, mobbing/pairing exercises and agile ceremonies to ensure QA is built into deliver change.
You’ll build positive relationships across our Logistics and Warehouse Teams.
You’ll demonstrate and ‘automation first’ mentality and be adept at finding the right balance between automated, exploratory, functional, and non-functional testing within the Squad.
You’ll have the ability to help land continuous integration/delivery pipelines alongside our Engineering colleagues to ensure we have a robust approach that helps us deploy at pace
You will be comfortable building positive relationships across our Logistics and Warehouse teams
Show a willingness to line-manage, coach and mentor other members by sharing your knowledge and experience.
You’ll work with the QA Lead and other QA Principals to seek solutions to issues and strive for continuous improvements to keep the Squad current
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and forward-thinking Tribe as it moves forward in its journey.
- Experience testing on Logistics or Retail systems
- Strong social skills that demonstrate a curious, learning, and brave approach to work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of partner management
- Demonstrable experience in the creation and maintenance of test automation
- Strong experience of working in Agile teams, processes, and tools. Good knowledge of Jira would be an advantage
- Experience in line-management duties
- Experience working with an automated release pipeline using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or similar
- Experience in functional, non-functional, and exploratory testing
- Experience testing microservices and APIs using tools such as Postman or similar
- Experience in leading and influencing teams in their approach to QA
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- £1,000 per year additional flexible benefits allowance
- Hybrid working environment
- Bonus scheme
- Matched pension at 6%
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Continuous learning and development
- An environment where you can bring your best self to work every day!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking (subject to post code and availability on joining)
How to apply
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.