Search by job title or keyword
Procurement & Partnering Manager (12 month FTC)
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
About the Role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially focussed Procurement Manager to come and join us here at The Very Group on a 12 month fixed-term contract. You will be working within a procurement team supporting a wide range of functions including Technology, Financial Services, Fulfilment, Logistics and Marketing. Although you will be a partner for a specific function, acting as their first line of support, contractual activity is rotated across the team based on capacity and priority. Therefore, you will have a varied workload and be exposed to a wide range of contractual discussions.
- Execute collaborative mid to high-value business partnering in specific areas of the organisation.
- Implement effective sourcing and procurement by:
- Working with budget holders and other colleagues to agree specifications for goods and services. Developing innovative but sustainable ways in which to procure these at total lowest costs, protecting cash and offering best value to the organisation on an ongoing basis.
- Owning the supplier sourcing and procurement process at all levels
- Building business cases where third party costs and benefits are integral
- Negotiating costs, payments, terms and conditions, rate cards, service catalogues, service level agreements and service credits in line with targets
- Defining technical contract requirements and working with Legal to draft complex agreements
- Execute collaborative and controlled mid to high value commercial supplier management partnerships
- University Degree - preferably Procurement, Business, Economics, Finance or Technology related
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) professional certification
- 3 years + experience within a professional procurement and supplier management function
- Technology, Financial Services, Fulfilment, Logistics or Marketing services procurement and supplier management experience
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Proven strategic negotiation competencies with a track record of success and experience in landing contracts with a value above £3M
- Proven cost and cash control competencies with a record of achieving challenging budget stretch targets through supplier relationships
- Must be able to work alongside the Legal team to define technical requirements, draft complex agreements and negotiate acceptance.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply..
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.