Search by job title or keyword
Product Manager - Credit
Hey, we’re The Very Group. Home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, and a team of 4,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
As a Retail Financial Services provider, we are revolutionising the way we offer Credit to our consumers. We want to enhance the breadth and scale of our FS offer to grow our customer base through offering new, flexible ways to pay that are right for them and enables them to shop for the products they love.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining the FS Product team as we implement the FS Configuration Centre that is front and centre in delivering the business’ strategic objectives. We’re looking for two Product Managers to manage end-to-end delivery of our credit offer from strategy development, through to implementation, evaluation, and continual optimisation. You will be at the forefront of our approach to deliver on our goals of growing our customer base, driving retail sales and group value.
- Production of appropriate periodic reporting on the performance of FS offers in support of retail trading. Including key retail metrics, FS measures and new customers. The production of these reports will inform the team on the performance of credit offers and influence decisions about the future application.
- Using this data, you will engage with the wider credit product and marketing team in the development of new credit offer strategies to support retail trading, the FS P&L and to inform decision making. This will include presenting recommendations on the direction for future testing to Senior Product Manager and Head of FS Product
- Develop and undertake testing of new strategies and customer offers and making recommendations for the implementation of any new offers, ensuring the commercial viability of customer offers.
- Identifying areas for continuous business improvement within the FS offer process. Making recommendations for implementation following modelling of impacts to support strategic decisions
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player are a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve and you will be expected to generate ideas and identify commercial opportunities and work cross-functionally with internal teams and our 3rd party partners to bring them to life..
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who also have the below skillset:
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate often complex analysis to colleagues with little or no FS experience.
- Good knowledge of Teradata / SAS / SQL
- Ability to take a logical and analytical approach
- Highly numerate with the ability to present findings and influence actions taken
- Business or Finance degree or equivalent
- Retail / Financial Services experience
- Self-starting individual, naturally inquisitive with a keen eye for detail.
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Hybrid-working model
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.