Search by job title or keyword
Product Manager - Personal Loans
About the team.
The Very Group isn’t slowing down. The company is progressing its transformation whilst continuing to deliver sustainable, profitable growth.
This is a chance to be part of the newly formed Personal Loans team which is fundamental to the growth of the organisation and presents an extremely exciting opportunity for the right person.
About the role.
A part of the team responsible for building our personal loans business and the subsequent day-to-day management once launched. This role will involve the following;
- Ongoing management of the product, ensuring it is operating effectively within a detailed control framework
- Co-ordination and oversight of relationship with key strategic technology partner and other third parties
- Using customer insight and analysis to identify product and proposition improvements
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders including finance, credit risk, compliance and change
- Clear communication of thinking and rationale to all levels of the organisation
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box, but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player are a must. Innovation is also key, we can always improve, and you will be encouraged to generate ideas and identify commercial opportunities and work cross-functionally with internal teams and our third-party partners to bring them to life.
We are seeking passionate, ambitious and down-to-earth individuals with the following skill set;
- Excited by the opportunity of setting up and growing a new product line
- Experience within a regulated consumer finance business, ideally in managing unsecured lending products and the accompanying regulation that governs the industry
- Extremely organised with a good eye for detail, ideally with previous experience of developing and leading a product control plan
- Ability to translate data into compelling insights and recommendations
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better, and to simplify where appropriate
- A strong academic background and highly analytical, numerate and commercial
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to a variety of audiences.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.