Search by job title or keyword
Product Manager - Retail (12 month FTC)
About the team.
We are looking for a driven, Product Manager to join the Retail Tribe on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Squads & Tribes Model:
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe will have a subset of teams, or as we call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific business challenges.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, building a part of a product, or even creating a full new product. Since each squad is made up of contributors or owners from every domain – from tech, product, delivery, and data – all squads have the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership of their area.
About the role.
We are looking for someone who is driven and forward thinking, with experience working in Retail Category (e.g. Buying or Merchandising) to join as a Product Manager in the Product Planning squad within the Retail Tribe. Previous experience working in a Product/tech delivery role is desired but not essential.
As Product Manager for the Planning Squad, you will lead the reinvention of the tools our colleagues use to support them across the e2e Product Planning process e.g. WSSI, Range Framework and Range Builder etc.
This role represents a great opportunity to be at the heart of rewriting retail technology and processes for Very and will be fundamental in helping us shape and deliver our ambitious plans.
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers and colleagues. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wide variety of market beating, cloud-based technologies.
- Lead the defining of business requirements for your area and prioritisation of delivery, focusing on unlocking business value
- Working with the other Product, Tech & Delivery Leads you will be responsible for ensuring the capability and solution requirements are delivered to meet the business needs.
- As part of the Tribe governance routines, such as stand ups, squad retrospectives and showcases, you will be responsible for ensuring that any output is in line with business / customer expectation and needs.
- You will need to forge strong relationships with your Product peers to both lead and input into cross squad / cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand initiative dependencies and coordinate prioritisation
- Support the design of in scope Business Processes
- Review functional and technical designs across workstreams to identify any potential disconnects.
- Identify change impacts and sign off on new/revised processes
- Assist with ‘Product’ communications to the business
- Provide input to, participate in, and sign-off User Acceptance Testing
- Contribute to the Product/Capability design and requirements build
- Assist in business-related cutover activities.
- Develop plan/scripts for business SMEs to validate data conversions & facilitate business signoff
- Highlight any potential changes to our Target Operating Model through delivery of capability drops.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with our technology partners to help influence the tech roadmap
- Keep up to date with technology advancements and retail software providers
- A highly competitive salary + £1000 flexible benefits
- Development and progression opportunities
- Flexible working culture with new hybrid ways of working (mix of home & office)
- Up to 14% Bonus potential
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Onsite gym
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking (subject to postcode eligibility)
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about leading a part of a big project, looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online. Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- This role will suit individuals who have sound experience in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management roles within a retail function and also project management experience (hybrid type role)
- Has previously been exposed to leading business change
- Has a curiosity that drives capability developments that are right for the business, team and customer
- Has an interest and viewpoint on the future direction of capability within retail
- Has the ability to influence peers and challenge senior leadership team, working in a collaborative cross functional way
- Can provide direction on where the value lies and what is must vs should to focus priorities for delivery
- Are knowledgeable and comfortable with technology but not to a detailed technology level
- Creative, passionate and innovative – Challenges the status quo and forward thinking
- Can drive forward the need for new capability with colleagues and leaders bringing credibility to the vision
- Self-starter – seeks out and explores opportunities to enhance capability
- Prior experience of working with cloud based implementation would be advantageous