Search by job title or keyword
Product Manager - Retail
We are The Very Group, and we're here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That's why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team.
We are looking for someone who is driven and forward thinking to join as a Product Manager in the Retail Tribe. Previous experience working in a Buying/Merchandising is beneficial.
Squads & Tribes Model:
For us this means a cross-functional team and structure. The overall Tribe will have a subset of teams, or as we call them, Squads. Each with a mission to solve specific business challenges.
This working model differs drastically from traditional cross-functional teams that typically focus on a single project. Our squads are essentially small start-ups that will take on multiple projects at a time, building a part of a product, or even creating a full new product. Since each squad is made up of contributors or owners from every domain – from tech, product, delivery, and data – all squads have the breadth and the depth in terms of skill to for end-to-end ownership of their area.
The Product Manager’s role is to ensure that we are “building the right things” to deliver the business and/or customer benefit desired.
About the role.
Data is at the heart of all retail decisions. As a Product Manager in the Retail Tribe, you will lead the reinvention of our tools our colleagues use to support their trading, assortment, availability and pricing decisions.
The role entails being at the forefront of retail change, supporting the functional configuration and roll out of a new PIM solution. They will be required to communicate well and challenge the status quo when necessary, but also appreciate the problems the retail team faces today and turn that into requirements that deliver improved processes and ways of working. We are looking for someone who is passionate about putting the customer at the heart of their decision making and buying experience is ideal but not essential.
- Lead the defining of business requirements for your area and prioritisation of delivery, focusing on unlocking business value
- Working with the other Product, Tech & Delivery Leads you will be responsible for ensuring the capability and solution requirements are delivered to meet the business needs.
- As part of the Tribe governance routines, such as stand ups, squad retrospectives and showcases, you will be responsible for ensuring that any output is in line with business / customer expectation and needs.
- You will need to forge strong relationships with your Product peers to both lead and input into cross squad / cross tribe level change, as it is critical that we understand initiative dependencies and coordinate prioritisation
- Review functional and technical designs across workstreams to identify any potential disconnects.
- Identify change impacts and sign off on new/revised processes
- Provide input to, participate in, and sign-off User Acceptance Testing
- Contribute to the Product/Capability design and requirements build
We are seeking passionate, ambitious individuals who have first-rate communication skills.
You will have worked in multi-disciplined teams in a large-scale, fast-moving digital business, that are a mix of business, delivery and technical roles combined with experience of managing 3rd Party providers.
Practical experience of Product Ownership in a lean / agile environment is essential, using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our careers site
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.