Search by job title or keyword
Product Owner - Logistics & Fulfilment
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Product Owner to support our Logistics & Fulfilment Tribe based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a Product Owner to support the Fulfilment squad. We have never had a Product Owner sit within this team, so this is a great opportunity to really add value.
The Product Owner is responsible for the overall vision for specific product(s) within logistics and fulfilment and delivering associated KPIs.
Their vision is informed through understanding of The Very Groups business strategy and the part that their product has to play within that strategy. They are aware and are able to assess external emerging trends to ensure that their vision develops at pace with our digital business. They understand how their product makes good things easily more accessible to more people, they use data and research to inform this view.
Please be aware that this role does require an element of travel to our various UK sites. You will spend a minimum of 2 days per week in our state of the art distribution facility Skygate, located in the East Midlands and occasional travel to our 3rd party site in Wrexham. The rest of the week will be home / Speke based.
- Thorough understanding of the operational needs and how the product will satisfy those needs allows the product owner to describe, prioritise and communicate the requirements that really matter and answer all related questions.
- They must be aware of external trends and be able to assess where it is on operational agenda or how it will drive our digital business forward.
- Informed about feature to vision for logistics and fulfilment. Have a full vision of product, customer feedback, market research and other stakeholders feedback.
- The product owner should express what KPIs are being driven and focus the development efforts toward providing that value.
- Proactive stakeholder management is vital. Stakeholders are not only customers but also internal functions. Taking into account and prioritising the various interests early on and involving stakeholders regularly is vital.
- The Product Owner should understand how the team works and how important quality and the related agile practices are to sustaining a high delivery velocity.
- Lead their team by example. They must be available to their team to make decisions and answer questions on a daily basis if needed. Share feedback from the customer, stakeholder or any other learning from the customer or research. They must be committed to their vision and trust their team to deliver.
- Be Agile - They embrace any change or improvements, identifying problems and discussing solutions.
- Previous experience within the logistics and fulfilment function is essential, with sound understanding of the systems and processes involved in operating an online retail business
- Knowledge of how software is developed and deployed/ an iterative approach
- Minimum five years of managing business change and a minimum of two years experience of agile methodology and tools
- Experience in shaping a vision and be able to communicate this effectively to various stakeholders.
- Understand how data is used to drive decision making
- Have a commercial understanding of our retail business and what drives our KPIs
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and ideally visually
- A great team player who is able to inspire a delivery team to drive towards a common goal
Technical Skills (desirable)
- Agile methodologies
- £6500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff discount
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status