Search by job title or keyword
Product Sustainability Manager - London / Liverpool
I have brand new role available for a Product Sustainability Manager that will work in our ambitious CSR team focussing on the delivery of our sustainable product targets and commitments. You will report directly into our Senior Sustainability Manager and have key relationships with the, product Design team, Buying and Category management teams and Global Compliance team.
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN EITHER LIVERPOOL OR LONDON as the CSR team is split across both offices.
About the role.
Positioned within The Very Groups Sustainability Team, the Product Sustainability Manager will be responsible for the delivery of our sustainable product targets and commitments. They will work closely with product design and buying teams, educating colleagues and suppliers to implement change, monitoring and reporting on progress. This role will ensure The Very Group are keeping up with evolving standards and expectations, developing and implementing our sustainable product strategy as necessary.
- Ensure sustainability measures and policies are adhered to across the business
- Work with internal stakeholders to support the development of own brand product in keeping with sustainability targets and commitments
- Be an expert in sustainable product, offering technical advice to colleagues and suppliers
- Develop our commitment to circularity, identifying and implementing solutions which enable recyclability, re-use and more circular raw materials
- Materialise our commitment to reducing our product water footprint across all product ranges
- Support the global compliance team in our roadmap to responsible chemical usage in supply chain
- In depth knowledge of sustainable raw materials, standards, and certification processes
- Product Life Cycle Assessment knowledge and/or sustainability impact assessment experience
- Sustainability and carbon reporting experience, particularly Higg Index and CDP, and a proven ability to translate raw data (e.g., energy, waste, materials) into sustainability metrics
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, strong problem-solving skills and analytical approach
- Change agent; ability to adapt and be flexible. Ability to lead multiple projects with challenging deadlines
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
- Strong technical understanding of sustainability topics such as climate change, circular economy, biodiversity, and water foot-printing
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1000 Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.