Search by job title or keyword
Here at The Very Group, we’re on an aspiring journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies.
We support diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge and would welcome a chat about flexible working options for this role.
Here at The Very Group, we have ambitious plans to modernise our entire technology estate over the next 3 years. This role will oversee the entire roadmap to ensure our objectives are met, including; handling dependencies across our technology tribes, agreeing and tracking running key dates and the overall plan. You'll also be coordinating related activities across Finance, Commercial and our Tech Partners, establishing the programme governance and producing regular reporting and leading steering meetings.
Scope of the role
- establish and facilitate regular delivery / steering forums
- define and produce a reporting structure and cadence
- work with finance to agree budget cost, forecast and benefit tracking
- work with the Enterprise PMO to align on prioritisation, reporting and tracking
- communicate programme progress to partners and across the organisation
- maintain and handle programme risks, issues, and actions
- agree the scope and key dates / breakthroughs of initiatives within the programme
- define and lead cross-tribe dependencies
- produce and maintain the overall programme plan
- work with commercial and tech partners to agree key commercial dates / activities, track and run dependencies
- define, handle, and track resource forecast and budgets (internal and partners)
- work with architecture and across tribes to ensure dependencies are understood and run
- handle risks and support tribes to unblock issues
- able to shift priorities whilst retaining control and ownership of the overall delivery roadmap
- coach and support the tech and delivery teams on delivery methodologies (such as agile)
- identify sourcing and resource needs – ensuring responsibilities are clearly understood
- lead / work with multiple 3rd parties to ensure delivery objectives are understood and met
- Ensure key dates and objectives are met including delivery and decommissioning
- Executive and Business sponsors – CIO, CTO, CDO, Tech Ops Director, DCX Director, Tribe GLT Leads
- Working day to day in partnership with the Chief Technical Architect, Heads of Tech and Heads of Delivery across all Tribes (DCX, FS, Retail, Logistics & Fulfilment, Customer Care, Platform, Data, Tech Ops)
- Finance, Commercial, Tech Partners
- 3rd parties – i.e. Technology partners, System integrator
- Experience of delivering large technology transformation initiatives with multiple partners and significant / complex business change
- Proven track record of delivery in both iterative and continuous delivery approaches
- Ability to operate in a complex partner and technology environment, navigating through interdependencies, regulation, and retail industry fluctuations
A competitive salary and bonus are just the start. Matched pension, generous holiday allowance, maternity policy and wellbeing initiatives play a huge part in how we care for our people. We even offer flexible benefits so that everyone can shape their rewards and compensation package around their lifestyle. To view full details on the rewards click here.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and career progression
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5 days
- Additional flexible benefits allowance of £6,500 (can take a part as salary uplift)
- Generous scalable bonus (based on individual performance vs company)
- Matched pension up 6%
- Flexible / Hybrid working (2-3 days remote / 2-3 days on-site)
- Life Assurance / Private Medical
- Self-development time
- Brand discount - up to 25%
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Free on-site parking subject to postcode and availability
More About us:
We're the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider.
We have a passion for reinvention - to constantly improve how our 4.5 million customers pay and shop for the things they love. We’ve adapted to changes in our customer’s shopping habits for more than 100 years, taking us from bricks, to clicks, to mobile. Find out more about us here.
Diversity matters at The Very Group. We're aiming to create an environment where ALL colleagues feel a sense of belonging and can thrive by being themselves at work; driving collaboration and innovation that will in turn achieve great things for our customers.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.How to apply
If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
If you are an internal candidate looking to refer someone in, please follow the referrals process and guidelines
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.