Search by job title or keyword
Project Implementation Manager x 2 (Graduates)
About the role.
I have 2 brand new vacancies for Project Implementation Managers at Skygate, located in the East Midlands.
You will work closely with the Fulfilment Development Manager in managing multiple projects of up to £1million in spend. There are a number of exciting projects we have up coming and the role holders will be responsible for ensuring these projects land on time and within budget.
This role would be suitable for a recent project management graduate or someone who has finished a Logistics/Supply Chain graduate program. You will be educated to degree level, with an understanding of best practice project management methodologies.
- Engage Operational Leaders / Value Stream/Process Owners & stakeholders to create a value stream / end to end process vision and strategy to which improvement initiatives are aligned to.
- Take a leadership role in the annual business planning process to ensure the appropriate portfolio of value stream / process improvement initiatives are integrated into the plan.
- Bring an external perspective to end to end process / value stream to ensure effective benchmarking to best in class
- Work in collaboration with other key stakeholders to ensure integrated approach to Value Stream Improvement Strategy
- Create Overall Lean Deployment Plan and improvement road map focused on both:
- Process improvement (metrics)
- And maturity score
- Ensure alignment & coordination of process improvement initiatives from large scale process transformation through to local CI.
- Ensure the quality delivery of the improvement portfolio with respect to benefits realisation, effective utilisation of the appropriate improvement methodology and sustaining the improvements.
- Act as change agent to instil the Continuous Improvement Culture from FCLT through to front line Colleagues for the business area you support
- You’ll work closely with the senior leadership team and customer to support and implement various projects throughout the site, as well as analyse different scenarios to see how and if they benefit us
- Take information you have gathered and collate into a clear format to present to on-site teams and the customer
- Take responsibility for the assessments, analysis and implementation of initiatives, as well as projects and changes on site
- Support the wider site and network projects and changes
- A highly competitive salary
- Development and progression opportunities
- Bonus potential
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite gym
- On-site discounted restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about projects and operations looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written/listening, presentation) including the ability to communicate to both technical and business colleagues - must be able to discuss complex issues in a plain and concise manner.
- Educated to degree level, with an understanding of best practice project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of potential sources of risk and how to mitigate their impact on project success
- An ability to identify, analyse and quickly assimilate information is essential.
- Good at building positive working relationships throughout the business.
- Must be a team player, contributing to all aspects of work carried out by the department and collaborating as required to achieve department and corporate objectives.
- A structured and self-disciplined approach to work; effective at managing own time with good planning skills.
- A can-do attitude, with enthusiasm and resilience
- Good listening skills, clarifying and challenging where required.