Search by job title or keyword
QA Engineers / Test Engineers
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
In our Test capability, we are looking for the pioneers who can help us move our vision for QA & Testing forward. People who want to work collaboratively across business and technology, owning the conversation on Quality to ensure we are producing great solutions for our customer.
We want people who want to join our community in order to change it and make it better. It may be that you have deep experience in what you do and want to put it to the best use possible, or it may be that you are early in your QA journey, but want to learn, develop and contribute to a great journey
About the role
The Tester works in a Project Team, a Product Squad, or a Tribe. Within that team the Tester will...
- Works with the team to agree the test approach for each story or piece of work that comes through the team
- Ensure that all aspects of testing are considered using the Agile quadrants of testing
- Understands the ‘automation first’ approach and uses discussion and debate to agree the right balance between automated checking and exploratory testing.
- Promote a collaborative approach by encouraging pairing and mobbing sessions with team members
- Attend, and be a contributor in agile ceremonies, and proactively encourage all members
- Identify risk at every stage and communicate the impact of the risks to inform the decisions made by Product Owner, Delivery Manager, and the team
- Ensure the outcomes of testing are turned into information for others to digest, and use your knowledge and experiences to help the team make the right decisions on risk
- Have the passion, and curiosity to become an expert at your craft, and go outside your comfort zone to learn new skills
- Build your own capability from self-development, both within The Very Group and externally by attending conferences, and meetups
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and techniques and develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Share and pair to ensure you learn new skills, and share the skills and knowledge around testing that you have
Specific requirements are:
- Experience in software testing
- Good knowledge of modern software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Good interpersonal skills that demonstrate and a curious, learning and brave approach to work
- Experience working in an Agile development process, ideally with some exposure to CI/CD
- Good exploratory testing skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (ATDD, BDD & TDD)
- Knowledge of automation with a level of experience in a scripting language
- Experience in use of tools to solve test efficiency issues, such as use of SOAP and/or REST API testing, using tools such as Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI
- Knowledge of non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and careers progression
- Flexible benefits allowance
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 27 - 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Flexible working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To find out more please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org