Search by job title or keyword
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About the team
The Third-Party and Recoveries Management team (TPRM) is a specialist Financial Services team of 7 operating within The Very Group’s wider Credit Risk function (c60 staff). We are a dynamic, fun, and innovative team committed to delivering exceptional levels of service and compliance and building lasting relationships and profitable strategies with our industry leading Debt Purchase, Debt Collection, Debt Management and specialised outsource clients.
The team currently consists of one relationship management role, an Analyst, and four Support Analysts. As a collective, we pride ourselves on our dedication to providing excellent services and value, as well as our commitment to helping The Very Group and its financial services clients achieve their goals, whilst always putting The Very Group’s customers at the forefront of every decision we make.
About the role
The Third-Party Relationship Manager is responsible for managing, developing, and optimising relationships with external vendors, suppliers, service providers, or partners. The role plays a crucial role in ensuring that The Very Group’s third-party relationships are aligned with its strategic goals, meet quality, regulatory, and compliance standards, and deliver value while managing associated risks. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring our clients receive outstanding service and support.
- Develop strong and sustainable working relationships with third-party partners.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for vendors and partners.
- Regularly assess vendor compliance, performance and service quality.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities, financial stability, and compliance against industry and regulatory standards.
- Identify and assess potential risks associated with third-party relationships
- Monitor costs associated with third-party relationships and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Identifying root causes of issues and taking appropriate actions to manage supplier performance or remediation
- Proven experience in corporate and client-facing role or third-party relationship management, preferably in a regulated financial services environment.
- Knowledge of debt collection, debt recovery and business process outsource (BPO) would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of contracts and legal terms.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to assess and manage risks.
- Experience in working with and influencing a diverse range of key stakeholders and peers at all levels.
- Excellent presentation skills and a confident ability to present to all levels of stakeholder.
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy learning access
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and DBS check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person or held remotely.
You can expect a two-stage interview process for this position:
1st stage - An informal 30-minute video call with the hiring team to discuss your skills and relevant experience. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the role and to ask any questions you may have.
2nd Stage – A one-hour formal interview where you can expect both competency and technical questions. This can be held either in-person or remotely.
As an inclusive employer please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
If you'd like to know more about our interviews, you can find out here.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.