Search by job title or keyword
Research Manager (12 month FTC)
About the team
These roles sit within our DNA (Data, iNsight, Action) Tribe, within Customer Analytics and Research. This role ensures the voice of the customer informs strategy and key business decisions at The Very Group.
The Primary Research Team supports the whole business with strategic research and developing a customer-centric culture!
About the role:
This position is a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
You will design, manage and deliver customer-oriented primary research projects which inform the business strategy and support the business to deliver against this strategy.
As Research Manager you are the voice of the customer throughout the business, both proactively, and in response to specific questions. Doing this by using existing knowledge and insight and/or undertaking or commissioning new primary research.
You will own all project management related to customer research projects which includes; writing project briefs, engaging with third party agencies and contracting them as suppliers, leading project timeframes, questionnaire design and review, briefing customer selections, planning and phasing research, reviewing and inputting into key insights and recommendations. The role will also include undertaking small research projects internally, from questionnaire design through to analysis and presentation of results.
More responsibilities include...
- Take ownership for the output of any customer research to ensure that all recommendations are robust and supported by insight, and are rigorous, engaging and actionable.
- Working with other members of the Analytics & Research team, and wider Data and customer communities to collaboratively bring together knowledge and insight about the customer.
- Own ongoing relationships with external agencies to ensure timeliness and cost efficiency across project scoping, agency selection, agency fees, and deliverables. As part of this process, ensuring that all interactions with customers and agencies follow GDPR.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships within TVG
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.