Search by job title or keyword
Retail Strategy Manager
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Retail Strategy Manager to be based in our Head Office in Speke, Liverpool. This is a brand new exciting role due to the development of a new team within the business.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a Retail Strategy Manager to work in a brand new team that is being created, "Retail Development and Strategic Planning." You will work in partnership with the retail commercial director developing and delivering the retail strategic plan and key priorities for the next 3 years.
The role holder will take ownership for answering the key strategic questions we face and bringing thought leadership to the macro environment & what it means for us.
About the role
The role will have high influence within the retail leadership team, over the priorities and objectives that are set. It will be critical to partner with other functions to bring together expertise and thinking to answer the big strategic questions and ensure insight and thinking is joined up, DI, Financial services, finance and the retail team and will all be key relationships.
The role will have full responsibility for two direct reports, an insight manager and a commercial manager where direction and guidance will be given but who will be expected to operate independently and be experts in their fields.
The strategy manager will need to use the expertise and insight in the creation of the retail strategic plan but equally in the commercial delivery. Taking insight to ideas, and partnering with the business leads within the strategy team and wider business to build signed off business cases, through to inclusion in commercial plan and delivery
Success in this role requires a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills both written and verbal as well as a highly developed collaborative nature. The role holder will be responsible for deep understanding of customer behaviour, what drives it and what can change it, and taking this understanding through to actions and business plan.
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the following:
- At least 5 years’ Experience working in the UK Retail and/or Financial Services Market
- An ability to consume complex information, and translate this in a compelling vision for the future and a clear roadmap to deliver it
- High quality thinking and clarity of focus – enabling good judgement
- Access to and interpretation of data, with high speed of analysis and insight
- Exemplary written communication, creating clear and visually easy to consume documentation
- An ability to manage a wide range of topics, handling breadth with ease.
- Relationship builder, influencer and ability to enable collaboration
- Humility and a desire for continuous learning
- £6500 benefits allowance (some can be taken as a salary uplift)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health awareness training programme
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Up to 25% staff across the categories
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status