Search by job title or keyword
Retail Strategy Manager
I have a fantastic role available for a Retail Strategy Manager working within the newly formed Retail Development and Strategic Planning team. This role will involve working across all product category's within the retail business and can be based in either Liverpool or London. The role is now available due to a recent internal move and can be based in either London or Liverpool.
You will work closely with the Senior Retail Strategy Manager to help deliver the overall retail strategic plan and key priorities over the next 3 years. The role will involve working with a number of specialists in the business, from Data Insight, Strategy, Financial Services, Marketing, Ops and Commercial Finance. It will be critical to partner with these other functions to bring together the necessary expertise and thinking, to answer the big strategic questions and ensure insight and thinking is aligned.
About the role.
The Retail Strategy Manager will work closely with Senior Retail Strategy Manager to help deliver the retail strategic plan and key priorities over the next 3 years, along with owning any ad-hoc strategic projects that may arise. Ownership of the strategic change programme and priorities on a day to day basis, collaborating with stakeholders across functions and category teams to ensure alignment to strategic plan, and to facilitate the prioritization of resources to enable the best outcome.
This role would be well suited to someone with at least 5 years’ experience working in the UK Retail sector in an internal strategic role or with retail consulting experience. Some experience in Financial Services is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Working closely with the Retail Senior Strategy Manager and the Commercial Director to help shape and develop the key retail strategic priorities over next 3-5 years
- Partnering cross-functionally across the business during the detailed design and implementation phase of the retail strategy, ensuring strategic alignment across the retail teams and driving progress forward. This will require juggling multiple initiatives at the same time
- Own and lead ad-hoc discrete strategic projects / analyses related to the 3-5 year retail strategy. This could include identifying and evaluating growth opportunities (including market sizing), strategic partners
- Staying on top of macro retail trends, competitor movements and new entrants in the market and the implications for TVG
- Will be responsible for having a deep understanding of customer behaviour, what drives it and what can change it, and taking this understanding through to actions and business plans
- Prepare high impact and high-quality presentations for senior leadership
- £6500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about working in a strategy role looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
Essential knowledge and skills required:
- At least 5 years’ Experience working in the UK Retail sector. Some experience in Financial Services sector is beneficial but not mandatory
- Recent experience in a management consultancy, or an internal strategy / transformation role is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to consume complex information, both quantitative and qualitative, and extract key insights to be communicated to senior leadership
- Strategic mindset and critical thinker with strong commercial awareness and judgement.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written, creating clear, concise documentation. Proven experience in using Powerpoint and storyboarding to produce visually compelling and impactful presentations for senior stakeholders
- Ability to simplify and cut through complexity to get to the heart of the problem
- Strong organisation skills to juggle a wide range of topics and projects, handling breadth with ease
- Demonstrated experience in independent workstream management and managing cross-functional stakeholders at different levels
- Relationship builder, influencer and ability to enable collaboration
- A proactive and positive working style, with a keen interest for continuous development and learning