Search by job title or keyword
Retail Vacancies - Merchandising and Category
We are The Very Group, and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love when they need them most.
About the team.
We have multiple permanent and fixed term contract vacancies at various levels from entry to Junior across Retail (buying / merchandising and category),
About the roles.
We have up to 10 vacancies across retail at various levels, as we look to expand our talented team with exciting initiatives in the pipeline.
These roles are suitable for someone who has previous category experience, buying experience or experience within merchandising up to Junior level. Don't worry if you don't have experience, we have vacancies at entry level also.
You will get the opportunity to work with some of our biggest partner brands, as well as Own Product development working with various product types. It's a fantastic opportunity to develop your trading skills as well as honing your commercial knowledge a long the way too.
Whilst some of the roles are on a FTC, I wouldn't let this put you off from applying, as its a great route into Very and the roles come with a great deal of exposure. Due to the size of our business we will always look to retain talent!
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading.
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency.
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required.
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity and actively looking for ways to drive overall trading performance.
- Strong experience with MS Excel is desirable
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Positive, driven and brings energy to the role
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture and environment, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- Flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- Generous holiday entitlement + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.