Search by job title or keyword
About the team
Here at The Very Group we’re on an exciting journey to transform our technology estate and create even better experiences for our customers. We’re doing that by modernising our existing systems and platforms, utilising a wider variety of modern, cloud-based technologies. We encourage diversity, both in terms of people, technical skills and knowledge.
The Customer Care Tribe is responsible for all the Technology that our teams use to handle request from our customers in an efficient, compliant, and secure manner. The tribe is made up of five squads: CRM, Chatbot, Process Automation, Contact Centre Technology, and Solution Architecture.
The CRM Squad is responsible for building and managing the applications that supports case management, knowledge management, customer satisfaction and communications. Our strategic CRM is Salesforce Service Cloud and alongside that we use a number of AWS technologies for integrating it with our other systems.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join the CRM squad of the Customer Care Tribe who has technical Salesforce experience. Working within the squad, you will work with other Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Architects to deliver capability within Salesforce Service Cloud. We are still early on in moving to Salesforce and so you can be part of building one of our key platforms that will serve our customers for many years to come.
- Be responsible for your code quality.
- Own non-functional requirements around performance, security and scalability to ensure we deliver a great customer experience. Driving best practice around real-time logging, monitoring, alerting.
- Proactively drive the enhancement of continuous integration to improve deployment processes in the squad.
- Identify obstacles, risks and issues that may/ do impact the technical product and work with Software Engineering Lead/ Tech Lead/ Principal and Senior Software Engineers to mitigate them.
- Adhere to policies and standards that impact solutions.
- Provide Run support for technical products within Squad.
- Proactively support other team members, working with them to help them improve their skills.
Our squad is obsessed with improving the experience for our Contact Centre agents and our aim is to become best in class for this space. As you may imagine, our stakeholder expectations are high.
What you will bring to the role
Within our model, Agile software development is key. For these roles you’ll need experience in Agile practice such as BDD, TDD and pair programming.
- This is an opportunity to further your career within a dynamic technical landscape where you will have autonomy and opportunity to hone your technical and team lead skills and develop mentoring relationships.
- You have probably already worked in technical teams and would be good, but not necessary to have experience with working with a large Salesforce codebase (10k+ lines of code).
- Salesforce Service Cloud experience preferred, as is Copado.
- You will naturally strive towards industry leading technical quality standards and have an appreciation or good understanding of Salesforce DevOps
- You will commit to continuous improvement both for the technical landscape as well as individually.
- We are offering the opportunity for strong progression and to work in a programme landscape that is at the Salesforce industry’s leading edge for innovation and quality.
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £250 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.