Search by job title or keyword
Senior Brand Manager - 12 month FTC
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager to join us here at The Very Group. We have a true customer understanding and centricity; therefore, we are looking for someone who is obsessed with our customer, knows who our customer is, what they need, and the role we can play in their lives
They will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of brand communications campaigns, from strategy development through to implementation and evaluation; working with a cross-functional team of stakeholders from across the business and our external agency partners. They will design and recommend optimal campaign strategies, achieving this through a broad channel mix, directly impacting the efficiency and effectiveness of our marketing plans; aligned to core business objectives/initiatives, with clear stakeholder engagement throughout.
The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the planning and development of brand communications and activations to drive brand growth aligned to brand strategy objectives.
- Management of internal and external partners to lead a fully integrated response to a brief; overseeing planning through to delivery and evaluation.
- Managing budgets, ensuring all costs come in within agreed budget; managing performance and the delivery of agreed commercial objectives, working closely with stakeholders to recommend and action optimisations throughout.
- Managing a team of Marketing professionals, whilst supporting and deputising for Head of Brand.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. Therefore, our ideal candidate will have:.
- At least 6 years’ experience across advertising (multi-channel) and media planning at a manager level.
- Highly creative, with a passion for designing and executing with excellence.
- Strong media experience/understanding of channel mix.
- Ability to balance commercial and customer needs, understanding how best in class customer experience and marketing can be harnessed to deliver commercial results
- Strong stakeholder management skills and confident communicator with the ability to influence agency partners.
- Experience managing multimillion pound budgets.
- Ability to operate and influence at a senior level.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check. If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.