Search by job title or keyword
Senior Buyer - Sportswear
About the team:
We are currently in the process of restructuring the Sports Category and are moving away from our Category Management model, with the view to creating a traditional Buying and Merchandising team. This restructure and a couple of internal moves has created a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer. The role can be based in either Liverpool or London but will involve managing teams across both locations.
This Senior Buyer role manages a large team which includes Junior Buyers, Assistants Buyers and Buying Assistants and development of these colleagues through coaching, is a fundamental part of the role.
Working alongside another Senior Buyer the role holder will have full accountability for all of our Sportswear buying so it comes with a great level of responsibility from the outset.
About the role:
As a key senior manager within Sports, you will be responsible for owning and driving the delivery of The Very Group’s offering. You build and continue to develop strong relationships with current and future brands with a view to onboard new brands, improving our customer offering.
This position requires the successful candidate to oversee category critical path and ensure that milestones are adhered to, developing brand and category strategy. Whilst development of the team is fundamental, so is your own development. You will work closely with the senior leadership team, delivering messages upwards and have the opportunity to lead on key trading events and on key customer moments.
More responsibilities include:
- Maintain strong relationships with existing brands and onboard new brands where applicable
- Oversee Clothing and Footwear departments
- Cover teams based in Speke and London
- Present new ranges to Senior Management, communicating price and range positioning
- Review performance and creation of lessons learnt communicating clearly to brands to inform future ranges & opportunities
- Formulating range plans alongside merchandising functions
- Terms negotiation to ensure best commercial outcome
- Able to deputise for Head of Buying in key meetings
- Previous Sportswear experience with strong brand connections
- Sportswear specialist
- Experience of negotiating terms and developing product ranges
- Flexible in regards to travel, meeting suppliers and brands
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to Very.co.uk and a 3,250-strong team of super talented people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.