Search by job title or keyword
Senior Category Marketing Manager
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated retail and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (retail, technology and credit) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online. But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love. Think you can help us? Read on...
About the team.
The category marketing team’s responsibility is to design annual marketing strategies and quarterly plans, which deliver on category priorities and customer needs. Operating in a matrix structure, as part of the Marketing team and working closely with the Category teams, this team will shape the way we bring to life our category propositions and deliver commercial performance.
There are two Senior Category Marketing roles; covering Home and Electricals, and Fashion and Developing Categories. These roles will lead the development and delivery of category marketing strategies and report into the Head of Category Marketing.
About the role.
- Maintaining knowledge of market opportunities, future trends and customer insights to develop engaging category propositions.
- Responsible for designing high performing category strategies and campaigns; defining the target audience, building the shape of media investment and channel mix and leading the team in flawless execution to achieve commercial and customer success.
- Alongside category teams responsible for delivering new brand launches and contribute to longer term partner brand strategies, using performance insights and optimisation plans to realise opportunities to drive growth.
- Bringing a breadth of marketing experience to the team, across acquisition, engagement and brand, with the flexibility to pivot between strategic thinking through to campaign delivery.
- Analytical thinker, capable of interpreting insights from a range of sources including channel performance, customer and marketplace research, with experience in combining these insights with creative thinking to design compelling customer propositions.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and confident communicator, with energy to foster collaborative working and galvanizing colleagues to deliver ambitious category marketing plans.
- Ability to balance commercial and customer needs, understanding how best in class customer experience and marketing can be harnessed to deliver commercial results.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing, footwear and home, 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.